The MECC™ is an ideal space to create a technical control center where military personnel can coordinate their internal communications requirements.
- Can be deployed in rugged field conditions and set up quickly.
- Equipment is stored and transported in the centre core of the MECC™ and does not need to be removed from the unit. Sensitive electronic equipment is not compromised by outside weather.
- Offers various electrical and mechanical interfaces and can be connected to other MECC™ and MTS shelters to create a tactical command centre.
- Custom electrical packages are available, with outlets for radios, computers, and other equipment.
The US Army has purchased over 600 Weatherhaven containerized kitchens for field use.
- Easy to transport and set up in the field.
- Uses stainless-steel furnishings, making it robust and hygienic.
- Highly productive, with 280 sq. ft. (25.2 square metres) of food preparation space, 80 sq. ft. (7.2 square metres) of serving-line space, and a 30 sq. ft. (2.7 square metre) mechanical room.
- Kitchen staff can prepare three fresh, basic meals daily for at least 650 soldiers.
- Can be used as a stand-alone unit or linked to a dining hall.
This semi-permanent kitchen is commonly used in military camps and deployed with a corridor and dining halls.
- Has a rugged interior with stainless-steel furnishings to maintain a high standard of health and sanitation.
- Kitchen staff can prepare three full fresh meals daily for 500 persons.
- This is a full-service kitchen with the capability to bake, broil, and cook various types of meals.
- The DFK comes with an integrated fire suppression system and full electrical and mechanical interfaces.
This ablution configuration is a preferred design by militaries and is often used in conjunction with accommodation for up to 100 persons as a deployment module.
- Comes with stainless-steel furnishings.
- Commonly referred to as the “5 and 5”, it includes five showers, five toilets, two urinals, one washtub and six sinks.
- Includes an internal mechanical room so that it can be set up and used within 45 minutes of deployment.
The MECC™ laundry is available in two configurations. Both can be used as stand-alone units and both are pre-wired and pre-plumbed so they can be set up and used within 45 minutes of deployment.
- The self-serve laundry (see right) comes with 10 industrial-grade, heavy-duty washing machines and dryers for soldiers to do their own laundry and folding.
- The batch laundry can be configured with two commercial-grade 50-lb. (22-kg) washers and two 75-lb (34-kg) dryers for dedicated personnel to do laundry and folding for the entire camp.
The MECC™ can be customized for various workshop configurations. Some of the more common workshops that
Weatherhaven manufactures are:
Comes complete with a jib crane to support maintenance operations on deployments. Provides power, air conditioning, air compressor, repair-parts cabinets, and tool cabinets in a readily assembled format.
Tire Maintenance Facility (TMF)
Can change almost every tire in the military inventory. Offers tremendous capability and flexibility, letting you repair tires wherever you deploy, in a safe and comfortable environment.
Tire Storage Facility
Complements the Tire Maintenance Facility. Includes special racks to hold and store Air Force vehicle tires.
Electronic Repair Facility
Includes furnishings, special equipment, and electrical and mechanical details custom-designed to meet your own repair requirements. Double doors can be installed on the end of the MECC™, allowing you to repair large equipment and parts. Equipment is stored and shipped in the centre core, so sensitive electronics such as radar test bed equipment and circuit boards are not exposed to the outside elements.
Miscellaneous Workshop Configurations
Weatherhaven’s 10’ expandable container shelter is ideal for applications requiring a smaller MECC™ footprint. Nicknamed the “Mini MECC™”, the shelter is designed for a variety of uses, including a kitchen, a printing press, or a deployable lab. The 10’ MECC™ can be custom-configured for your specific needs.
- Is an ISO certified container in its packed configuration.
- Can be manufactured with a steel or aluminum core.
- Has almost all the options of a 20’ MECC™.
- Links to both a 10’ and 20’ MECC™.
- Standard Sizes: 8’ wide x 8’ high x 10’ long or 8’ wide x 8’6” high x 10’ long