MECC™ (Patent #5,761,854)
The MECC™ is a three-in-one expandable container that combines ISO standards with Weatherhaven fabric technology. Military applications for the MECC™ include command posts, integrated workshops, accommodation, kitchens, ablutions, laundry facilities, and field hospitals.
The MECC™ has also been used for many other types of applications, including intelligence centres, bench stock documentation and equipment repair facilities, locker and change rooms, post offices, and more. We will work with you to design custom configurations that maintain the MECC™ shelter's ISO certification.
- Two people can set up the MECC™ in 10-15 minutes.
- The MECC™ is fully insulated for hot or cold climates.
- It performs extremely well in high wind or snow loading conditions, including the Antarctic and polar regions.
- The MECC™ can be customized to a broad range of applications, complete with specially designed electrical and mechanical systems.
- It provides a living and working space that is three times larger than its shipping footprint.
- In its packed configuration, the MECC™ is a certified ISO container and can be stacked nine high when ordered with a steel core. It can stack three-high when ordered in aluminum.
- It can be transported anywhere in the world by road, rail, sea, or air.
- We also offer a trailer and mobilizer that can transport the MECC™.
- The expandable container is manufactured with either a steel or aluminum core and is available in the standard 20-foot length or a smaller 10-foot length.
- The MECC™ allows various-sized interconnector kits and vestibules to be added end-to-end and side-to-side to create larger complexes.
- The MECC™ can be set up on the ground, linked to a vehicle, or mounted on a trailer.It can be outfitted with Collective Protection equipment when Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical warfare are a threat.
- Cost savings in shipping as the MECC™ is only 1/3 its deployed size when packed for transport.
- The unit can be locked during transit, securing any equipment from theft.
- Cost savings in site setup as the MECC™ is deployed quickly.
- Reduction in capital investment because the MECC™ can be redeployed on other projects and is built to last 15-20 years in the field.
- Equipment packs into the centre core of the MECC™ and stays inside during setup, so sensitive equipment is protected from the outside elements.
- Can be stacked for storage or accommodation if the site is tight on space.
- 8’ wide x 8’ high x 20’ long
- 8’ wide x 8’6 high x 20’ long