The HERCon™ is a hard-walled expandable shelter that, like the MECC™, incorporates ISO shipping container design standards to facilitate global deployment. The HERCon’s unique design feature is that a packed unit is only 4- feet wide which, when coupled to a second unit, becomes a certified 8-foot wide shipping container. When deployed on site, the HERCon™ expands up to 6 times the area of its shipped footprint, offering great advantages for mobilization logistics.
The HERCon™ core can be outfitted with electrical and mechanical systems that are in place and ready for operation once the unit has been set up on site. The HERCon™ is well suited to remote field deployments as single units are easily heli-transportable.
- Easy to erect – from delivery on site to fully operational in one hour using 2 persons.
- Insulated for a wide range of climate conditions.
- It provides a living and working space that is up to 6 times larger than its shipping footprint.
- In its packed format and when coupled to the same unit, an HERCon™ is a certified ISO shipping container.
- It can be transported anywhere in the world by road, rail, sea or air.
- Doors and windows can be located on any vertical surface as they are well protected in the HERCon’s packed format.
- HERCon™ units can be complexed together to form a network of units.
- It is the most space-efficient ISO deployable configuration available.
- Does not require any packaging, as it is its own container.
- Does not require any special site preparation.
- Can be packed up rapidly and redeployed to a new location over and over again.
- Provides transport savings as the HERCon™ is only 1/6 its deployable size when packed for transport.
- 4’ wide x 8’ high x 20’ long
- 4’ wide x 8’6 high x 20’ long
- 4’ wide x 9’6” high x 20’ long