Weatherhaven fabric shelters: durable and easily transportable.
Weatherhaven fabric shelters are a result of more than 30 years experience engineering, designing, and manufacturing tensioned fabric shelters for all climates and locations around the world. These high-performance fabric shelters are robust, built for tactical or semi-permanent use, and can be readily transported to the most demanding locations.
The MTS is one of the most thermally efficient and robust tactical shelters in the world. This system comes in a selection of sizes and is particularly popular with military forces that need to connect shelters to form larger complexes. The MTS is commonly used for accommodation, ablutions, kitchens, laundries, command posts, workshops, and medical facilities.
- Fully insulated to ensure that it performs well in all weather conditions.
- Has various mechanical and electrical interfaces.
- Available with several optional floor systems, depending on the nature of the deployment.
The BTS is a semi-permanent structure that is ideal for transient personnel on military bases, such as cadets or militia. This shelter is installed directly on a concrete pad or hard floor. It's commonly used for long-term accommodation, offices, mess halls, and classrooms.
- Comes with a robust aluminum frame, fabric cover, and inner liner.
- Designed and engineered to meet national and provincial building codes in Canada.
The Series 4 is the original Weatherhaven shelter. It's a high-performance shelter that is in use worldwide in all climates, including polar regions. This shelter is widely used by military forces for accommodation, recreation, and first aid units.
- For military applications, the Series 4 is insulated and is available in a number of sizes with a broad range of options.
This is an extended-height Series 4 shelter. It's designed for semi-permanent applications and is used primarily for helicopter and vehicle maintenance.
- Offers several vehicle-door options.
- Can be equipped with workshop-specific electrical packages.
- Extremely rugged.
- Can be fully insulated.
The MEX-26 (Maintenance Extended Height 26’ wide) is the upgrade version of the Series 4 Shop. It's a modular structure designed specifically for tactical frontline and second-line applications such as armoured vehicle and helicopter maintenance.
- The frame pieces are all aluminum to reduce weight, yet the shelter is strong enough to provide high snow and wind load capabilities.
- This shelter comes with several door options and special pre-assembled electrical kits and packaging options for shipping. One unique packaging option is the roto-molded Titan Cases, which are specifically designed with interior compartments to accommodate the complete shelter frame and cover components. Each case is equipped with packing load lists and is individually marked to facilitate air or ground deployments and inventory management.
The Series 8 shelter is a lightweight version of the Series 4. It's designed for locations that do not have high winds or snow loads. This shelter is used for accommodation, offices, and first aid shelters. In tropical locations, it's typically used with a thermal cap that covers the top half of the shelter to reduce thermal gain.
- Offers a full selection of compatible electrical and mechanical systems.
- Comes in a tropical version with side ventilation openings, complete with insect mesh and awnings.
The Series 8 Shop is an extended height version of the Series 8. It can be used for vehicle maintenance, storage and other ancillary activities.
- Comes in a tropical model with side ventilation openings, complete with insect mesh and awnings, and an optional thermal cap insulation.
- Comes in a 20-foot width only.
In addition to its standard product line, Weatherhaven can provide larger frontline and second-line aircraft-hangar shelters. These large tactical hangars are rugged in design, spacious enough for repair and refueling, and highly stable. The aircraft hangars can be linked to a MECC™ Tool Crib, MECC™ Operations Centre, and containerized environmental control unit (ECU) and generator to provide a turnkey stand-alone system when deployed.
Weatherhaven sunshades are designed to be used as either a stand-alone item so personnel can work outdoors while underneath the sunshade, or in combination with a Weatherhaven shelter when deployed in areas of extreme direct solar radiation.
While Weatherhaven shelters are made from high-grade fabrics resistant to ultraviolet radiation, the sunshade reduces exposure to harmful radiation and solar gain, thereby extending the life of all materials. Use of a sunshade also reduces the demands on climate control systems, such as air conditioning.