Medical Shelter Systems
Weatherhaven does more than provide portable shelters. Our expertise lies in designing portable medical shelter systems and redeployable turnkey camps for medical staff that are functional and quickly operational on site.
Our engineering and design team is supported by established electrical, mechanical, and millwork technicians. These people work together to ensure that your medical facility is as efficient as possible. When the deployment is over, the medical shelter and camp systems are designed to be recovered and used again for future missions.
Weatherhaven shelter systems are designed to integrate with Weatherhaven prefabricated shelters after they are installed. Typically, the systems are pre-assembled to allow for rapid installation and do not require any special tools.
The MECC™ and HERCon products can come with electrical and mechanical systems that are already built into the centre core of the expandable shelters so that they are installed rapidly when they arrive at site. This allows for simpler transport, less cost to you, quicker setup and tear down, and a more efficient and comfortable camp operation.
We provide electrical systems, mechanical systems, furnishings, and floors for the following shelters:
- Medical/Field Hospital shelters, including administrative, treatment and patient-holding areas
- Kitchen and dining complexes
- Accommodation for medical staff
- Command posts
- Workshops and maintenance shelters
In addition, we offer ancillary items, such as corridors and mobile sinks.
Weatherhaven ships pre-assembled electrical kits with its shelters. These kits are designed for safety, convenience, performance, durability, and ease of installation.
- We can provide a variety of electrical systems, from basic lights and panels for first aid units to high amperage and heavy-duty systems for large kitchen complexes.
- We can provide hospital-grade outlets in all of our medical shelters.
- When designing your system, we allow for extremely hot or cold environments if needed.
- We design and certify all electrical kits to meet code requirements for on-site use.
- We have extensive experience in providing various voltages, frequencies, and hardware to meet worldwide requirements.
- We can provide a variety of technical solutions for complex requirements, such as large field hospitals for disaster relief or peacekeeping.
Mechanical systems vary tremendously, depending on the scope and size of the medical facility. They can range from individual heaters, ventilation kits, and basic plumbing to water supply, incinerators, and sewage treatment for field hospitals.
- Most Weatherhaven mechanical systems are custom-designed.
- Weatherhaven offers mechanical solutions that are tailored to the mobility of the medical facility. We design our systems to be durable, robust, and easily redeployable, suitable for medical complexes that are installed, dismantled, and moved frequently.
- For laundry facilities, ablutions, and kitchens in the MECC™ or HERCon, the mechanical systems are integrated into the centre core of the shelter to allow for maximum performance in a limited space.
Furnishings and Interiors
Weatherhaven designs and manufactures a variety of furnishings that are ideal for remote medical facilities and staff camps. We can provide customized medical equipment packages, shelving or mobile sinks for the medical shelters. For our hospital staff camps, we can supply special or knockdown beds, lockers, and nightstands for accommodation units, as well as more refined furnishings such as stainless-steel sinks, showers, and toilets for a MECC™ ablution. All of our furnishings are designed according to our philosophy of supplying products that are lightweight, compact, and durable.
- Weatherhaven furnishings focus on function, durability, finish, quick and easy installation, and efficient transport.
- We can provide partition systems for first aid units, medical wards, accommodation units, and any other shelter that requires privacy and space for medium to long-term care and deployments.
- We design interior furnishings to meet your individual requirements, from basic to complete.
We offer a large selection of flooring for Weatherhaven shelters that are tactical and easy to clean to maintain a hygienic environment. The type of floor also depends on the geographical location of the hospital, site terrain, and the number of times the hospital will be relocated.
- We can provide anti-static, slip-resistant, hygienic tile flooring for our expandable containers.
- Our more economical floor systems are suited for long-term deployments. They are compact for efficient shipping and storage.
- Our tactical floor systems allow for rapid setup and are designed to be redeployed frequently.
- We can provide leveling devices for some floor systems, if the shelters are to be set up on uneven ground.
In addition to its medical shelter systems, Weatherhaven also offers the following camp systems:
- Power generation and distribution
- Water filtration, storage, and distribution
- Waste management
- Camp security
- Fire protection
- Force protection