Shelter and Camp Systems
Weatherhaven does more than provide portable shelters. Our expertise lies in designing portable and redeployable turnkey camps and systems that are functional, comfortable, and ready to use when occupants arrive on site.
Our engineering and design team is supported by professional electrical and mechanical factory and field technicians. These people work together to ensure that your camp is designed to the high standard required of remote field camps and installed in a manner so that it is quickly operational and easy to maintain. Furthermore, all shelter and camp systems are designed for quick recovery and redeployment.
The shelter systems used by Weatherhaven’s fabric structures are installed and integrated once the shelters have been erected on site. Most of these systems are pre-assembled at the factory, and have quick connect fittings to allow for rapid installation.
Weatherhaven provides shelter systems, including electrical, mechanical, furnishings, and floors, for the following configurations:
Weatherhaven ships pre-assembled electrical kits with its shelters. These kits are designed for safety, convenience, performance, durability, and ease of installation.
- We can provide a variety of electrical systems, from basic lights and panels for accommodation units to high amperage and heavy-duty systems for large kitchen complexes.
- When designing your system, we allow for extremely hot or cold environments if needed.
- We design and certify all electrical kits to meet code requirements for on-site use.
- We have extensive experience in providing various voltages, frequencies, and hardware to meet worldwide requirements.
- We can provide a variety of technical solutions for complex requirements, such as laboratories and large camps.
Mechanical systems vary tremendously, depending on the scope and size of the camp. They can range from individual heaters, ventilation kits, and basic plumbing to water supply and sewage treatment for large camps.
- Most Weatherhaven mechanical systems are custom-designed.
- Weatherhaven offers mechanical solutions that are tailored to the mobility of the camp. We design our systems to be durable, robust, and easily redeployable, suitable for camps that are installed, dismantled, and moved frequently.
- For laundry facilities, wash houses, and kitchens in the MECC™ or HERCon the mechanical systems are integrated into the centre core of the shelter to allow for maximum performance in a limited space.
Furnishings and Interiors
Weatherhaven designs and manufactures a variety of furnishings that are ideal for remote camps. We can provide knockdown beds, lockers, and nightstands for accommodation units, as well as more refined furnishings such as stainless-steel sinks, showers, and toilets for a MECC™ wash house. All of our furnishings are designed according to our philosophy of supplying products that are lightweight, compact, and durable.
- Weatherhaven furnishings focus on function, durability, finish, quick and easy installation, and efficient transport.
- We can provide partition systems for accommodation units, to provide privacy and space for medium to long-term deployments.
- We design interior furnishings to meet your individual requirements, from basic to complete.
We offer a large selection of flooring for Weatherhaven shelters. The type of floor depends on the geographical location of the camp and the site terrain. Contact us with your flooring needs.
In addition to its shelter systems, Weatherhaven also offers the following camp systems:
- Power generation and distribution
- Water filtration, storage, and distribution
- Waste management
- Camp security
- Fire protection
- Force protection