Commitment to the Environment
Weatherhaven shelters can be found in some of the world’s most remote locations, from the High Arctic to the searing desert. Our personal experience with these spectacular places inspires us to minimize our impact on the environment. As we continue to refine our products, we keep on looking for innovative ways to conserve energy, reduce waste, and strengthen our commitment to the environment.
- We embrace strict environmental codes and ethics to ensure that our shelter designs and systems reduce the burden on camp surroundings.
- We design our shelters to be lightweight and compact, to minimize transport time, fuel consumption, and the impact on a site.
- We build our products with high-quality materials and workmanship to ensure that they are durable and robust in the field. The longer they last, the less likely they will end up as waste.
- We make our shelters easy to assemble and take apart, with prefabricated design and built-in compatibility features that allow rapid setup and dismantling. This allows the shelters to be deployed over and over again, cutting down waste and reducing the likelihood that equipment will be left behind at a site.
- In addition to minimizing the direct impact of remote camps, we are committed to practices that reduce overall energy consumption and waste. For example, our new corporate facilities are fully heated and air-conditioned using geothermal energy that is supplied from a number of drilled wells underneath the parking lot. This results in energy costs that are one-third less than a conventional system